You are here
Blue Brute (C900)
JM Eagle’s Blue Brute C900 pipe is suitable for use in distribution pipelines of potable water, as well as gravity sewer, force main and water reclamation projects.
JM Eagle Blue Brute C900 pipe is the safe, long-lasting and stable solution for a modern infrastructure. Blue Brute:
- Maintains performance against tuberculation, corrosion and external galvanic soil conditions without lining wrapping, coating or cathodic protection.
- Keeps its smooth interior over long years of service with virtually no loss in carrying capacity, allowing for savings in pumping costs, as well as savings on the size of the pipe required.
- Can be field-cut with a power saw or ordinary handsaw and be beveled without the use of expensive or complicated machinery.
JM Eagle’s Blue Brute™ C900 water pipe, produced in blue or white, conforms to the AWWA C900 specification, with gaskets meeting ASTM F477 and joints in compliance with ASTM D3139. Blue Brute™ water pipe has the long-term hydrostatic strength to meet the high safety requirements commonly needed by municipal water systems. This pipe conforms to AWWA C900-07 and FM 1612; Pressure Class 165 psi (DR 25), 235 psi (DR 18)*; 305 psi (DR 14)*; for sizes 4" - 48" in diameter.
*Note: FM approval pressure class 185 psi for DR18 and 250 psi for DR14.
C900 Laying Lengths
The standard laying length of Blue Brute™ pipe is 20 feet (+/- 1"). This means that more ground can be covered during installation while eliminating the cost of unnecessary joints.
- Distribution pipelines of potable water
- Gravity sewer
- Force main
- Water reclamation projects
The pipe conforms to AWWA C900 pressure class 165 psi (DR 25), 235 psi (DR 18), 305 psi (DR 14), 200 psi (DR 21), 125 psi (DR 32.5), 100 psi (DR 41), and 80 psi (DR 51). It carries approval of ANSI/NSF Standard 61, UL 1285 and FM 1612 (DR 18 and DR 14 only).
Ring-Tite™ Joints 4" - 12"
For Use In Distribution, Municipal Water Systems and Other Services (8" DR18 most popular).